News and Events
Revision as of 15:19, 6 August 2022 by Andreweckford
- Prof. Eckford's "Introduction to Molecular Communication" course from the JTG/IEEE ITSoc Summer School is freely available online: http://course.eckfordlab.org/.
- Our recent paper in IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience, "Communication in plants: Comparison of multiple action potential and mechanosensitive signals with experiments," is a TNB Featured Article.
- Highly cited paper: As of October 2020, "A Comprehensive Survey of Recent Advancements in Molecular Communication" (open access link) has been cited over 500 times.* EckfordLab's work on plant action potentials was covered in Epoch Times Magazine (Israel).
- Featured Article in the December 2018 issue of IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering:
A. Noel, D. Makrakis, and A. W. Eckford, "Distortion distribution of neural spike train sequence matching with optogenetics," IEEE TBME, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 2814-2826, Dec. 2018. arXiv
- Prof. Eckford will be giving a series of lectures at Xidian University, Xi'an, China on April 29-30, 2019.
- EckfordLab members received the Best Poster Award at the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology: P. Hou, L. Zhao, and A. W. Eckford, "Improving Receiver Performance of Diffusion-Based Molecular MIMO Communication," in Proc. IEEE NANO, Cork, Ireland, 2018.
- Prof. Eckford (along with A. Noel, Y. Deng, and N. Farsad) will give a tutorial at IEEE Globecom on Sunday, December 9, 2018, in Abu Dhabi, UAE: Molecular Communication: Methods, Simulations, and Experiments
- Prof. Eckford will be giving a seminar at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA on Monday, April 30, 2018 (Yost Hall 306, 4:45 PM).
- Prof. Eckford will be giving a seminar at Ryerson University, Toronto, ON on Monday, January 16, 2017.
- Prof. Eckford will be giving a seminar at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC on Friday, November 18, 2016.