EckfordLab in the News
Revision as of 14:35, 21 August 2022 by Andreweckford
Please contact the PI: Contact Info
- 'Spiteful' Bacteria Would Rather Starve Their Colony Than Let Freeloaders Thrive, ScienceAlert, August 7, 2022.
- Bacteria Can Behave “Spitefully” To Those That Don’t Support The Colony, IFLScience, August 5, 2022.
- Study reveals 'spiteful' behaviour in bacteria, Phys.org, July 29, 2022.
- Plant Neurology, Epoch Times Magazine (Israel), February 11, 2020.
- For Best Results, Send Molecular Messages Using MIMO, IEEE Spectrum, July 11, 2016.
- 5 Live on Tech: Molecular Messaging w/ MIMO (with the Geek and the Guru) IEEE Spectrum (Video), July 8, 2016.
- Let the molecules do the talking, Chemistry World, December 2, 2014.
- It’s the alcohol talking, The Economist, March 8, 2014.
- Weird Planet, Daily Planet, Discovery Channel, January 27, 2014.
- Message in a boozy bottle, The Wall Street Journal, January 3, 2014.
- Vodka messaging, CHCH News, CHCH (Hamilton), December 19, 2013.
- How Canadian scientists used a mist of alcohol to develop a new pheromone-inspired way to send text messages, National Post, December 18, 2013.
- Interview on CTV News Channel with Dan Matheson, CTV News Channel, December 18, 2013.
- Interview on Friendly Fire, CFRB NewsTalk 1010 (Toronto), December 18, 2013.
- Interview on The Shift with Mike Eckford, CKNW AM980 (Vancouver), September 24, 2013.
- Data in the wind, Electronics Letters, September 12, 2013.
- Researchers work to replicate bacterial communication, Engadget, July 1, 2010.
- The challenge of molecular communication, ACM TechNews, July 1, 2010.
- Computer science breakthrough: Replicating bacterial communication, io9.com, June 29, 2010.
- The challenge of molecular communication, Technology Review (Physics arXiv blog), June 28, 2010.